Why Convert to Linux?
- You wish increase the life-span of your computer.
- Your Windows computer has become weighed down with clutter and invasive / spammy programs (this has always been common with Windows).
- You use your computer mostly for the web.
- You value privacy.
- You enjoy free alternatives to software such as Office and Word.
I use Linux because it is fast and well supported. There is no aggressive marketing or up-selling in the software itself (as is common with proprietary software). It is made to run reliably. Many of the world’s most important systems rely on Linux.
Reliable, Rock-Solid, Efficient, User Friendly
Linux is no longer a complicated system. It is very user friendly. Most importantly, it is supported and developed around the world, and is now a major operating system.
Do Not Convert to Linux IF:
- You are reliant upon windows-only software.
- You are not ready to learn a few new layouts and methodologies inherit to this OS.
Which Linux Operating System Is For You?
Ubuntu is user friendly, well supported, and very stable. https://ubuntu.com/
Linux mint specializes in being more “Windows-Like”, and is generally used by people converting over from Windows. https://linuxmint.com/
Fedora is bleeding-edge, and extremely well supported. It is, in my opinion, best for business use. https://getfedora.org/
Author Leo Blanchette